Infra Team Meeting Agenda for August 24, 2021

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Aug 23 21:26:53 UTC 2021

We will meet on August 24, 2021 at 19:00 UTC in #opendev-meeting with this agenda:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** Zuul is now on our matrix homeserver at #zuul:opendev.org
** OpenStack Feature Freeze starts next week

* Actions from last meeting

* Topics
** Mailman Ansible and Server Upgrades (clarkb 20210824)
*** lists.kc.io has been snapshotted and upgraded to focal. Testing is happening now.
*** Would like to do an upgrade of this list server first then see what we learn before doing lists.o.o
*** Will coordinate with Kata to do the upgrade this week hopefully.
** Improving OpenDev's CD throughput (clarkb 20210824)
*** The hourly deploy buildset takes about 55 minutes to complete. This means it starves regular deploy pipeline buildsets.
*** There are some easy simple wins we can make removing jobs from the hourly pipeline if they don't need to be there.
**** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/805487 Be more specific about when inventory changes force jobs to run.
*** We can run many of our jobs in parallel in all of our CD pipelines. But this requires we properly document/address dependencies
**** Need to understand our job dependencies and properly note them in Zuul config or address them by combining jobs.
***** Example 1: Combine service-gitea-lb and service-gitea jobs.
***** Example 2: Combine letsencrypt and nameserver jobs
***** Example 3: Have all jobs with webserver config express a dependency on the letsencrypt job
**** Suggest we document the known job dependencies in a human readable format, then encode this into zuul, then we can switch to parallel runs.
** Gerrit Account cleanups (clarkb 20210824)
*** Need to delete external ids for the recent batch of acount retirements.
** Gitea 1.15.0 upgrade (clarkb 20210824)
*** This release exists now
*** How do we want to handle the opendev logo image hosting for the gerrit theme?

* Open discussion