Team Meeting Agenda for December 14, 2021

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Dec 13 23:10:20 UTC 2021

We will meet with this agenda on December 14, 2021 at 19:00 UTC in #opendev-meeting:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** Meetings Cancelled December 21, 2021 and January 4, 2022 for Holidays
** We may have a meeting on December 28, 2021 depending on who is around.

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** Log4j vulnerability fun (clarkb 20211214)
*** Discuss what we've learned about this bug and its impact.
** Improving OpenDev's CD throughput (clarkb 20211214)
*** Bootstrapping bridge via Zuul is now a complicated subject. Can use zuul secrets to make it happen. Are we comfortable with this?
** Container maintenance (clarkb 20211214)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-container-maintenance
*** Updating Buster images to Bullseye
*** Running container with dedicated users. Next up all the ircbots.
*** Upgrading Zookeeper
*** Upgrading MariaDB
*** Eventually convert MariaDB container's from uid 999 to something that makes more sense on the system.
** Adding a lists.openinfra.dev mailman site (fungi 20211214)
*** Ansible newlist invocations still struggling
*** Stack at https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/820900/ should correct this.
** Spring cleaning our Nodepool images (clarkb 20211214)
*** CentOS 8, Fedora 34, Gentoo, OpenSUSE 15, and OpenSUSE tumbleweed are either EOL, going EOL, or lacking care necessary to keep building up to date images.
*** http://lists.opendev.org/pipermail/service-announce/2021-December/000029.html cleanup announcement
*** Will need volunteers for the work. Probably ok if this proceeds a little slower than advertised.

* Open discussion