Retirement of the Openstack/Opendev Asterisk service

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Wed Mar 24 04:28:57 UTC 2021

Hello,

As part of ongoing service upgrades, we are proposing the retirement
of the Asterisk-based SIP/voice conferencing tool [1].

The meetpad instance at https://meetpad.opendev.org/ has proven
popular for recent events and provides better services for
collaborative meetings.

Please reach out if this service is important to you.  If it is
something you would like to maintain, it will require porting to our
current Ansible and container-based infrastructure (there will be
plenty of admins happy to help guide you).  Otherwise we'll propose
changes to remove the configuration soon.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/system-config/latest/asterisk.html