Moving IRC service bots to OFTC this weekend (was: Reevaluating choice of IRC network for our service bots)

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat May 29 00:33:43 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-26 18:15:00 +0000 (+0000), Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> Please be aware that one of the tasks I'm personally planning for
> over the next few days is to scrape a copy of all the channel topics
> and apply them automatically to the channels we've pre-registered on
> OFTC, so at least for now please refrain from changing your channel
> topics to anything other than what you'll want them to appear a on
> the new network.
[...]

Just to update everyone, the channel topic replication has now been
completed.

> We'll have somewhat of a delay in bootstrapping channel-specific
> operators since we want to push those through code review (in order
> to avoid having to trust that people on a new network are really who
> they say they are), so if you need a channel topic updated or a
> problem user banned in the short term you'll need to reach out to
> the sysadmins in the #opendev channel on OFTC for assistance until
> we get the general admins and ops settled in.
[...]

If people want to start volunteering as global ops or
channel-specific ops, propose your additions to this file through
usual code review:

https://opendev.org/openstack/project-config/src/branch/master/accessbot/channels.yaml

There may be some delay before we have a chance to review them, but
if you have questions feel free to follow up to this thread or hit
us up in the #opendev channel on OFTC.

We're on track to start switching user-facing services over to OFTC
in roughly 13.5 hours, and will reply with further updates on our
progress over the course of the weekend.
--
Jeremy Stanley