UbuntuOne/Launchpad two-factor authentication

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Tue Nov 23 09:40:48 UTC 2021

W dniu 22.11.2021 o 21:15, Jeremy Stanley pisze:
> For a little over a year Ian, Clark and I have been using the
> multi-factor authentication feature of UbuntuOne SSO (i.e.
> Launchpad) in order to more strongly secure the accounts we rely on
> for OpenID logins to the Web interfaces of our services like Gerrit
> and StoryBoard.

That brings memories...

In 2011 Canonical worked on adding multi-factor auth to Launchpad. I was
member of beta testers group then and got my first Yubikey.

During May 2012 there was Ubuntu Developer Summit in Oakland, USA. Each
attendee got Yubikey to be able to use that functionality.

In 2013 I left Canonical and most of groups on LP which resulted in
disabling multi-factor. Will apply for new membership.