Team Meeting Agenda for August 23, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Aug 22 21:25:36 UTC 2022

Hello,

We will meet with this agenda on August 23, 2022 at 19:00 UTC in #opendev-meeting:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** Clark appears to have been the only Service Coordinator nominee.
** OpenStack release is fast approaching. https://releases.openstack.org/zed/schedule.html feature freeze September 2 ish.

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** Bastion host (ianw 20220823)
*** worth moving ansible/openstacksdk to a venv?  system-config jobs first then production
*** c.f. https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/847700
*** bastion host OS upgrade.  prioin-place?  new host?  wait until have time to return to some of the bootstrapping/parallel job work?
** Upgrading Bionic servers to Focal/Jammy (clarkb 20220823)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-bionic-server-upgrades
** Mailman 3 (clarkb 20220823)
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/851248 Still very much WIP but worth a look at this point
*** The test deployment is largely there now. The next step is testing data migration from mm2 to mm3.
** Gitea 1.17 upgrade (clarkb 20220823)
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/847204
*** This should be ready to go now that 1.17.1 has been released. Just need to decide on a good window of time to deploy it.
** Gerrit 08:00 UTC load issues (clarkb 20220823)
*** Bumping up the http thread count
*** Fallout of blocking IPs (users noticed)
*** We should work through this slowly as the OpenStack release is approaching.
** Jaeger tracing server (for Zuul) (corvus 20220823)
*** Zuul will be adding OpenTelemetry tracing support.  Should OpenDev run a Jaeger tracing server?
*** See https://zuul-ci.org/docs/zuul/latest/developer/specs/tracing.html
*** Implementation should be straightforward; does this warrant an OpenDev spec, or should I just propose the change?

* Open discussion