Team Meeting Agenda for February 22, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Feb 22 00:08:07 UTC 2022

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** Service Coordinator election is over. Clarkb was the only nomination.

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** Improving OpenDev's CD throughput (clarkb 20220215)
*** Bootstrapping bridge via Zuul is now a complicated subject. Can use zuul secrets to make it happen. Are we comfortable with this?
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/infra-specs/+/821645 -- spec outlining some of the issues with secrets
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/821155 -- sample of secret writing; more info in changelog
** Container maintenance (clarkb 20220215)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-container-maintenance
*** Running container with dedicated users. Next up all the ircbots.
*** Upgrading Zookeeper
*** Upgrading MariaDB
*** Eventually convert MariaDB container's from uid 999 to something that makes more sense on the system.
** Spring cleaning for old reviews? (frickler 20220222)
*** system-config has >300 open reviews, most of them in merge-conflict and >1y old
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-repo-retirements List of repos to retire. Please review for any that are inappropriate to remove.
*** https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:retirement+status:open Changes to retire all unused the repos.
*** Once the above changes land we'll abandon related changes and then remove the repos from zuul entirely.
** Gitea 1.16.1 (clarkb 20220222)
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/828184 Change to upgrade to 1.16.1 when we are ready
*** https://104.130.74.7:3081/opendev/system-config Test site via held node here
*** There are changes to how docker container processes are started. In particular change log calls out this may affect ssh. We update our testing to push content via ssh to simulate gerrit replication to cover this.
** Gerrit gitea weblinks (clarkb 20220222)
*** Gerrit now links to gitea
** Rocky Linux 8 Images (clarkb 20220222)
*** Need EPEL support in DIB for this https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/diskimage-builder/+/830278

* Open discussion