Infra Team Meeting Agenda for January 25, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Jan 25 00:38:58 UTC 2022

Hello,

We will meet with this agenda on January 25, 2022 at 19:00 UTC in #opendev-meeting:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** OpenInfra Summit CFP and programming committee need your input: https://openinfra.dev/summit/
** Service Coordinator nomination time has begun.

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** Improving OpenDev's CD throughput (clarkb 20220125)
*** Bootstrapping bridge via Zuul is now a complicated subject. Can use zuul secrets to make it happen. Are we comfortable with this?
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/infra-specs/+/821645 -- spec outlining some of the issues with secrets
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/821155 -- sample of secret writing; more info in changelog
** Container maintenance (clarkb 20220125)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-container-maintenance
*** Buster to Bullseye updates are complete.
*** Running container with dedicated users. Next up all the ircbots.
*** Upgrading Zookeeper
*** Upgrading MariaDB
*** Eventually convert MariaDB container's from uid 999 to something that makes more sense on the system.
** Spring cleaning our Nodepool images (clarkb 20220125)
*** http://lists.opendev.org/pipermail/service-announce/2021-December/000029.html cleanup announcement
*** Plan to remove CentOS 8 from Nodepool and Zuul first thing next week.
** Spring cleaning for old reviews? (frickler 20220125)
*** system-config has >300 open reviews, most of them in merge-conflict and >1y old
*** Do we see value in keeping those or could we run some script to auto-abandon those with a helpful comment?
*** Neutron has a script that could be easily adopted for this task
**** https://opendev.org/openstack/neutron/src/branch/master/tools/abandon_old_reviews.sh
*** (clarkb) Considering that we had a big shift in approach to config management about 2 years ago I would say abandoning anything prior to that is probably fine. I have a change or two since then that might be good to keep around. Maybe we start at 2 years and see what that looks like? We can always restore changes too.
** Updating Grafana  (clarkb 20220125)
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/grafyaml/+/825990 needed to fix api use against newer grafana
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/825410 update to latest grafana

* Open discussion