Regression in Gerrit regarding rebases from Gerrit UI

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:55:30 UTC 2022

Hi!

It seems I am experiencing a regression in Gerrit regarding the rebase
capability available from the Gerrit UI. Before, when a child patch
(in a patch stack) had its parent patch modified, it was possible to
quickly rebase on the current state of the parent patch via the rebase
button.
Now, Gerrit UI always claims "This change is up to date with its
parent." and suggests rebasing on top of the branch or any other
patch.

Just reporting this issue to see if others also experience this
behaviour or something broke on my side (however unlikely).

-yoctozepto