[Openinfralabs] Meeting May 20th

Daitzman, Michael S msd at bu.edu
Tue May 19 18:11:28 UTC 2020

We did not decide on an agenda for this week – rather than a complete cancelation lets  do ½ hour with a very focused agenda of:

  1.  Topics for next 3 meetings (starter list below)
  2.  Assuming I get through a relisten today, will pick out some timeslots for various volunteers to take and convert into epics/stories – will discuss tomorrow
  3.  Any parking lot issues

Notes and recordings from last zoom meeting live here:  https://gitlab.com/open-infrastructure-labs/nerc-architecture/-/tree/master/Monitoring%20Discusison%20May%2013,%202020 – I plan to move video part to youtube, have not yet.

Starter list of topics:
1. Current HPC tooling for monitoring/reporting (chargeback, showback, hw inventory) that NERC needs to connect into.  (I’ve asked some of the folk on the first call with deep HPC experience for feedback/timing so maybe not May 20th.)
2. Deeper dive on specific sw components where decisions will need to be made, eg. long term storage of data
3. Assumption – we are gonna with Prometheus – if so, do we need a session outlining the exporters we need to develop to meet NERC requirements (item 1 from above)
4. Other topics?

Leaving the calendar invite unchanged.

---
Michael Daitzman (He/Him)