Volunteering/Self Nomination for OpenDev Service Coordinator

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Apr 30 21:16:10 UTC 2020

As mentioned in my governance mail thread [0] I'm happy to volunteer for OpenDev Service Coordinator. I figured I should send a more explicit nomination email to make it official.

As mentioned in that thread my approach to the position has been to try and treat it a bit like project management. We have a lot of coals in the fire currently with deploying more services with ansible and docker images, Gerrit upgrades pending, rebranding of existing services and so on. I'll aim to keep on top of that and do my best to help people pushing those efforts make progress. Basically, more of the same of what I have been doing.

That said, it is not too late for other volunteers (though April is quickly ending). I continue to think having a rotation is a good thing. I'm sure others would approach the position differently and that diversity is often very useful. New ideas are helpful.

If you don't think you can volunteer, but do have thoughts and ideas, feel free to share them. We don't need new leadership to share good ideas.

[0] http://lists.opendev.org/pipermail/service-discuss/2020-April/000001.html

Thank you for your consideration,
Clark