Team meeting agenda for May 19, 2020

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon May 18 20:36:21 UTC 2020

We will be meeting May 19, 2020 at 19:00UTC in #opendev-meeting with this agenda:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** clarkb out Friday and likely Monday

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs approval

* Priority Efforts (Standing meeting agenda items. Please expand if you have subtopics.)
** [http://specs.openstack.org/openstack-infra/infra-specs/specs/update-config-management.html Update Config Management]
*** topic:update-cfg-mgmt
*** Gerrit on docker updates
**** Gerritbot still outstanding todo item.
*** Zuul as CD engine
** OpenDev
*** Progress on Governance changes
**** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/XRyf4UliAKI9nRGstsP4 Email draft for building advisory board.

* General topics
** pip-and-virtualenv next steps
*** remove from more popular distros (ianw 20200519)
*** notify and merge?
** DNS cleanup (ianw 20200519)
*** Clearing out old mirrors and lots of old stuff seems to be there
*** https://review.opendev.org/728739 : Add tool to export Rackspace DNS domains to bind format
*** Should I post the results of the above to a etherpad for group audit (is equivalent of high latency zone xtfr)
*** run as backup?
** HTTPS on in region mirrors (clarkb 20200519)
*** https://review.opendev.org/#/c/728986/
*** Older debuntu don't come with apt support for ssl/tls but bionic/buster and newer do.
*** Can probably switch many users of this via base jobs and they'll never know?
** Scaling Jitsi Meet for Meetpad (clarkb 20200519)
*** Last friday we had ~22 concurrent users on a meetpad conference. The tool seemed to hold up.
*** the Jitsi Video Bridge (jvb) component is the greatest consume of resources (CPU primarily)
*** https://review.opendev.org/#/c/729008/ Starting to poke at running more jvbs.
** Project Renames (clarkb 20200519)
*** We've got a single project rename queued and now that OpenStack release is done cost of doing renames is lower
*** Do we maybe need to wait for PTG to avoid any impact there as well?
*** Maybe we should make sure there are no renames that will show up the day after we do this one too?
** Virtual PTG Attendance (clarkb 20200519)
*** https://virtualptgjune2020.eventbrite.com Register if you plan to attend. This helps with planning details.
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-virtual-ptg-june-2020 PTG planning
** Trusty Upgrade Progress (clarkb 20200519)
*** Wiki updates

* Open discussion