[Edge-computing] Review of Dublin edge notes
Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest)
gergely.csatari at nokia.com
Thu Aug 9 15:32:40 UTC 2018
Here are the notes from todays meeting:
We finished the review of the wiki. Thanks everyone for reviewing, I will stop organizing the IRC meetings, but:
1. In case of any further comments and questions just send a message on #edge-computing-group or drop a mail to edge-computing at lists.openstack.org<mailto:edge-computing at lists.openstack.org>
2. I plan to have a one hour review session for the whole document on the PTG
3. After the PTG when I've corrected all open issues I will move the content of the wiki to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group/Use_Cases#Requirements_8
4. After https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/59763/ is merged I will replace the deployment scenarions part with a link to the OPNFV document
There are some open questions what we found during this and the previous reviews
* In 184.108.40.206 Remote control controlling part what are the operations what should be available? Do we imagine a structure similarly ott he image and keystone data distribution?
* How can we make the distinction between the connectivity from the backhaul to the edge site (i.e. inter edge sites), vs the connectivity between the edge site and devops/users that are in the vicinity of the edge site
* Regarding the storage of small edge deployment: Is the storage a single, locally attached unit? -> https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/59763/ suggests "mainly local storage"
* Regarding the storage of small edge deployment: What's about image repository service (i.e. are you expecting a fully indepedent edge node or can we envision to have just a node that behave like a compute node in the OpenStack terminology?)
* At edge there can be many vm/cn applications evolve as per the need. Any thoughts on how such app management is taken care.
* What should be the size of the all the OpenStack components in the different edge deployment scenarios in terms of CPU, memory, disk and hardware units
Any comments or notes are welcome.
From: Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest)
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 10:43 AM
To: Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest); 'edge-computing'; Srikumar Venugopal; Waines, Greg; beth.cohen at verizon.com; Mathieu LAGRANGE; Bernier, Daniel; Martin Bäckström; Randy.Perryman at dell.com; Éric Sarault; Francis Dagenais; Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com; Silverman, Ben; D'ANDREA, JOE (JOE); Brendon Mifsud (mifsudb); Shuquan Huang; Beierl, Mark; saiyagar at redhat.com; Jan Walzer; jonathan at openstack.org; Teresa Peluso; Peter Kapatsos; Mats Karlsson A; Paul Bankert
Cc: CARVER, PAUL; Christopher Price
Subject: Review of Dublin edge notes
When: csütörtök 2018. augusztus 9 16:00-17:00 (UTC+01:00) Belgrade, Bratislava, Budapest, Ljubljana, Prague.
Where: #edge-computing-group on freenode
Let's continue the IRC meeting to discuss the comments to the Dublin edge notes from 220.127.116.11 Quotas receiver side: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_Edge_Discussions_Dublin_PTG.
Notes of the previous meetings:
Please note, that the correction of the comments is not finished yet, tracking of comment correction is here: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Dublin-edge-notes-wiki
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Edge-computing