[Edge-computing] Afterlife of the PTG edge discussions

Csatari, Gergely (Nokia - HU/Budapest) gergely.csatari at nokia.com
Wed Feb 28 13:58:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

Thanks Adrian for facilitating the workshop. It was a very interesting and diverse discussion 😉

I can help in organizing the notes after the PTG workshop.

We used 3 etherpads:

  *   PTG schedule: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/edge-ptg-dublin
  *   Gap analyzis: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/edge-gap-analysis
  *   Alans problems: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/edge-alans-problems

In the PTG schedule and the Gap analyzis we have high level discussions mostly about what we would like to do while in Alans problems we have detailed notes about some parts of how we would like to solve some of the problems.

I think both of these are valuable information and we should somehow have the following things:

  *   a description about what we would like to achieve. Maybe in some other format than a list of etherpads.
  *   a list of concrete requirements to specific projects (being existing or something new)
  *   maybe some prototypes based on the Tuesday afternoon discussions for the keystone data and image distribution (by the way can someone post the picture of THE PLAN?)

Any opinions?

Br,
Gerg0