[Edge-computing] Open Geospatial Consortium presentation at Nov 16

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Mon Nov 2 15:37:49 UTC 2020

Hi,

I e-met George Percivall, who is with the Open Geospatial Consortium (https://www.ogc.org), at an edge event a few weeks ago and we had a brief discussion about their activities and interest in edge computing and infrastructure for edge especially from the perspective of handling location information.

I invited George to present at the Edge Computing Group weekly call on __November 16 at 1400 UTC__.

He will talk about the OGC as well as their top use cases and their edge aspects. It will also be a great opportunity to discuss location awareness at the edge and the requirements it puts on the infrastructure software components.

I will share dial-in details for the call as we are getting closer to the date.

See you there!

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó