[Edge-computing] ECG at the PTG

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Mon Mar 15 17:32:14 UTC 2021

Hi,

On the call today we started to plan for the upcoming PTG to ensure we have some good discussions in real time. As a reminder, the next PTG is happening at __April 19-23, 2021__.

On previous PTGs we opted for having 2x2 hours and 1x3 hours booked on 3 consecutive days starting at 1300 UTC. These blocks provide the best coverage around the globe. If we follow the same scheme this time around as well that would give us the following time slots:

* Monday, April 19 - 1300 UTC - 1500 UTC
* Tuesday, April 20 - 1300 UTC - 1500 UTC
* Wednesday, April 21 - 1300 UTC - 1600 UTC

For potential agenda items we were thinking about the following:
* Reference Architecture discussion
* New use cases
  * Broadcasting
  * Manufacturing
* Storage discussion - requirements and solutions
* Cross-community collaboration
  * CNCF groups
  * LF Edge
  * GSMA Edge

We are collecting ideas and feedback on this etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-ptg-april-2021

If you have any other topic ideas or feedback on the proposed time slots please add them to the etherpad or reply to this mail thread. We will __decide on the time slots on the weekly next Monday, March 22 at 1300 UTC__. We will keep on working on the agenda till the event in April.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———

Ildikó Váncsa