[Edge-computing] Meeting minutes of the February 07 meeting

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Tue Feb 8 04:31:52 UTC 2022

Hi,

We had a great call today (February 07) where we spent valuable to time to prepare for upcoming events and had some additional discussions. Please find below the highlights of our meeting:

* Events
  * OpenInfra Summit
    * CFP is open till February 09 - https://cfp.openinfra.dev/app/berlin-2022
      * Submissions are on track from WG members
    * Forum session proposal process opens later
      * Need to prepare for the Forum as we can utilize the space and time to continue some of the discussions we are having on the weekly call with a broader audience
      * Look into opportunities to invite industry experts to the event to participate in our conversations
  * PTG preparation
    * Event is online, scheduled for April 04 - 08, 2022
    * We decided to book the time slots that same way as we did in the past
      * 2 x 2 hours
      * 1 x 3 hours
    * We will be starting to brainstorm about discussion topics starting on our next call (February 14)
      * event etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-ptg-april-2022
* Untangling the edge discussions
  * We started to dig deeper into the complexity topic
  * Attendees of the call also also raised discussion topics such as service-mesh and distribution of both infrastructure services as well as applications
    * This topic is also interesting from GDPR perspective and how regulations are shaping in Europe for instance
  * We agreed to continue the conversation about complexity on next week’s call
  * On February 21 we will have people from Inria joining to give updates about their project called Cheops and dig deeper into the service-mesh topic

For further notes please see our meeting etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/oif-edge-computing-group

For further details about the weekly calls, please see our wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group#Upcoming_Topics

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó