[Edge-computing] Weekly call meeting minutes

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Thu Feb 24 02:34:13 UTC 2022

Hi,

We had a great call this Monday that we spent mostly with planning for the upcoming Project Teams Gathering (PTG) event[1] on April 4-8, 2022.

The OpenInfra Edge Computing Group has booked 7 hours of session time in total which we will be filling with hot and current topics that concern infrastructure challenges and solutions from core to edge! We are planning the topics and agenda on an etherpad[2] that we dedicated to this upcoming PTG.

Topics that we’ve been considering so far:
* Complexity
  * Edge infrastructures are highly complex environments by definition
  * How to mitigate complexity?
  * How to keep management and operation functions under control?
* Automation
  * What is covered?
  * What is missing?
* Day-2 operations
  * Clarify what the term means
  * Infrastructure lifecycle management
  * How to get from deployment to production?
* Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
  * Version Control
  * Distributed state
  * Multi-component automation
  * Immutability
* New use cases
* Keep the scope on infrastructure software
  * Look at what the hardware layer can offer and understand what infrastructure software has to support
  * Applications have expectations and requirements towards infrastructure

Do you have topics to discuss at the PTG about edge? Add them to the etherpad[2] along with your name, share them on this thread or come to one of our weekly calls[3] before the event and bring them with the group!

Se you next Monday (February 28) at 6am PT / 3pm CET / 1400 UTC!

Best Regards,
Ildikó

[1] https://www.openstack.org/ptg
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-ptg-april-2022