[Openinfralabs] October/November PTG Date Selection
fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jul 27 17:02:32 UTC 2020
We wanted to get your input on the best dates for holding the PTG
now that its been annouced that the Summit itself will be
Please fill out the CIVS poll by August 3 at 15:00 UTC. We really
appreciate your feedback!
There are obviously many pros and cons to each option, below are the
conflicts/reasons why we might not want to select that option.
Option 0 - Two weeks before Summit (October 5-9)
* Conflicts with RC work
* External Event Conflicts: None?
Option 1 - One week after Summit (October 26-30)
* Halloween on Oct 31
* Perfect for release timing but event fatigue is a real concern
* External Event Conflicts:
- Open Source Summit EU
- ODSC Open Data Science Conference East
- Cloud Foundry Summit EU
- KVM Forum
Option 2 - Two weeks after the Summit (November 2-6)
* USA Election day on Nov 3; could be a distraction, contributors
needing to go vote (whatever that looks like with the virus),
* Event Conflicts: None?
Option 3 - Three weeks after the Summit (November 9-13)
* Pushes far into the cycle (4 weeks after previous release, a bit
late, Veterns day/holiday - may affect France and Germany and
* External Events Conflicts: VMWorld EU
Jeremy Stanley on behalf of The Kendalls (diablo_rojo & wendallkaters)
More information about the Openinfralabs