[Openinfralabs] MOC CNV install

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Mon Jun 15 13:28:43 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 04:13:37PM +0200, Marcel Hild wrote:
> great progress on installing the CNV cluster. As I understand, the next
> step would involve tearing it down and installing it again, to see if the
> install playbooks are good.

We haven't had a successful install yet, so we're still on the first
step :).

> I wonder if we should involve the OpenShift Hive folks at some point?
> https://github.com/openshift/hive/blob/master/docs/using-hive.md#create-cluster-on-bare-metal

My impression was that Hive was primarily targeted at multi-cluster
installs, which I think will be interesting a little further out when
we may be creating on-demand openshift clusters as part of the NERC.

In the near term, I think it only makes sense to spend time looking at
it if it's going to be the recommended installation tool for openshift
in general, even for single cluster deployments.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}
http://blog.oddbit.com/                | N1LKS