[Openinfralabs] openinfralabs.org repo

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Thu May 7 15:53:52 UTC 2020

Michael,

Thanks for adding us.  Currently your site is running on vuepress[1] and
the goal here was to update that to React using Gatsby[2] as the static
site generator and Netlify CMS.  We made that move primarily because of
problems we found with Vuepress as the other sites grew. Gatsby is a bit
more mature and offers additional features.  I noticed you recently
added your Manifesto in gitlab static pages and you can continue to use
those as you see fit.  However, you'll now have the option to use the
normal Gatsby pages / menu if you so choose - so you could add a new
section to your website and put it in the navigation menu.

Netlify also it puts you on the same platform as other OSF projects
(Zuul, StarlingX, Airship, OSF.dev, and Kata). As a result, you gain the
benefits of growing functionality that all the other sites use (e.g.
blogging tools, author management, SEO management, etc...).  Netlify
integrates directly with gitlab[3], so when someone makes a PR or
updates via the CMS, the site builds automatically.  Additionally, the
CMS portion of this allows our marketing team to jump in and assist you
without using git - though anything commited through the CMS also
creates a PR before submission.

Ultimately, it's your website, but we did want to get you as up to date
as possible to avoid running into some of the snags I mentioned
earlier.  I appreciate your patience as we rolled this out.  If you have
any further questions or concerns, please let me know.  We're here to
help... or to stay out of your way as you see fit :)

Cheers,
Jimmy

[1]
https://gitlab.com/open-infrastructure-labs/openinfralabs-website/-/tree/master/site