[Rust-VMM] Rust-VMM Logo Concepts

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 13:24:15 UTC 2019

On 22/03/19 20:14, James Cole wrote:
> Hi everyone! Thanks for all the thoughts about logos, usage rights, and
> trademarks. A few thoughts regarding creative execution:
>
> If having a brand identity is something that is important to this
> community, it might be worthwhile to create something distinct from
> other visual identities in its space. It turns out a few of my concepts
> were a little too close to Ubuntu’s logo, so thats something I will
> remedy as I finesse some of these ideas.

I liked the epicyclic gear idea.  One note is that often I've seen
epicyclic gears represented without the carrier on top.  In fact it adds
a bit of clutter to your concepts, at the same time three circles
without the carrier are not very representative of an epicyclic gear.

I assume you used circles inside, rather than gears, to avoid losing
detail at lower resolutions?  Would it make sense to vary the number of
teeth as the resolution decreases?

Paolo