[Rust-VMM] Adding ARM support to kvm-ioctls

Florescu, Andreea fandree at amazon.com
Mon Mar 25 16:06:23 UTC 2019

Hey,

I sent an email to Zach as well a couple of day ago.

Let me just copy paste parts of the email here in case somebody else from CrosVM wants to take a look at the PR. Hopefully this will help in the review process.

The kvm-ioctls crate doesn't yet have all the functionality that you need in CrosVM, but I was planning on adding that in a following PR as this one is already quite large already.
Some notable changes from the CrosVM kvm crate:

- Kvm, Vcpu and Vm do not have a public constructor anymore. The Kvm class implements a create_vm method and the Vm class implements a create_vcpu method. I did this change so we can have the same separation of ioctls as found in the KVM implementation.
- Each ioctl group lies in a different module, but that should not have any impact on how you use it because the ioctls are exported with pub use iocts::system::* and so on.
- I use the io::Error instead of errno.rs. One of the reasons is the one we discussed about in the call (pretty printing errors). The other reason is that the vmm-sys-utils crate is not available for import just yet.
- The crate does not depend on EventFd and uses a RawFd instead.

I don't know if I missed something else.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Andreea