[service-announce] Temporarily blocking AS4837 (China Unicom) from Git

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Jul 9 22:23:02 UTC 2020

The flood of connections from AS4837 (China Unicom) has not
subsided, but it has significantly lessened over the past week. I've
undone the temporary block we previously put in place, allowing it
access to the opendev.org Git service again as of 18:24 UTC today.
So far the volume of requests does not appear to be in danger of
overwhelming our servers, but if it worsens we now have some
alternative options we can employ for filtering by arbitrary HTTP
characteristics such as the content of the User-Agent header.
--
Jeremy Stanley