[service-announce] Deprecating and Removing https://review.opendev.org/p/ git repo mirrors

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Jul 20 20:02:21 UTC 2020

The review.opendev.org Gerrit server's /p/ git mirrors are being deprecated and will be removed in the future. The reason for this is newer versions of Gerrit repurpose the /p/ path for PolyGerrit UI project dashboards. We have historically hosted a set of git repo mirrors at this path and CI jobs (and others) have used it. In order to avoid any trouble post Gerrit upgrades we would like to deprecate then disable this mirror as soon as possible.

If you are using https://review.opendev.org/p/ or https://review.openstack.org/p/ urls you can replace them with https://opendev.org/ instead. This is our current canonical set of Gerrit git repo mirrors. If you do this you shouldn't notice any change when we disable the /p/ mirrors or when we upgrade Gerrit.

In particular you will want to check your CI configurations for both server configs (in the case of Zuul, Jenkins, etc) and job content (devstack-gate GIT_BASE and other places that clone repositories).

On July 31 we will disable the /p/ path to help shake out any remaining users to help them update in advance of any Gerrit upgrades.

Thank you,
Clark