Service Coordinator Nominations

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Jan 7 23:59:47 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,

It has been pointed out that in our governance document we stated we would elect a service coordinator every 6 months. I filled this role at the beginning of May 2020 which means we are overdue for a new election.

The beginning of the year is always a bit slow so I figure we can give folks until January 31st at 23:59UTC to nominate themselves. Then if we need an election we can do that during the week from February 1st to February 8 at 23:59UTC.

I've now been in this role (either as Service Coordinator or Infra PTL) a while. I think it would excellent to rotate in some new eyeballs and perspectives if possible. If you have interest but also have questions feel free to reach out.

In order to avoid this slipping by in the future I'm going to go ahead and write down the dates for the next nomination period and election now:

  * Nominations July 12, 20201 - August 1, 2021 at 23:59 UTC
  * Election if necessary August 2 - August 9, 2021 at 23:59 UTC

I think I got the math right. If I've got it wrong or you have other concerns feel free to bring them up on this thread and we can sort things out. I'm trying to balance giving people enough time to show interest at the beginning of the year while also not letting this languish for longer than it needs to. Then doing math for what 6 months from now will look like.

Clark