Service Coordinator Nominations

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Sat Jan 30 23:36:12 UTC 2021

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, at 3:59 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> It has been pointed out that in our governance document we stated we
> would elect a service coordinator every 6 months. I filled this role at
> the beginning of May 2020 which means we are overdue for a new election.
>
> The beginning of the year is always a bit slow so I figure we can give
> folks until January 31st at 23:59UTC to nominate themselves. Then if we
> need an election we can do that during the week from February 1st to
> February 8 at 23:59UTC.
>
> I've now been in this role (either as Service Coordinator or Infra PTL)
> a while. I think it would excellent to rotate in some new eyeballs and
> perspectives if possible. If you have interest but also have questions
> feel free to reach out.

I haven't seen anyone else volunteer yet and time is running out. I still think having some fresh perspectives would be great, but to avoid having no nominations in ~24 hours when the nomination period ends I'll go ahead and nominate myself.

As mentioned before, I've been at it a while now, and I don't expect my approach to change much. I'll continue to try and keep a focus on sustainability of our services and work upstream and downstream to ensure we're doing what we can to keep things running. If you'd like to see a different approach you have about a day to volunteer :)

I'll keep it short since I feel that my approach is a known quantity. Happy to answer any questions if you've got them though.

Clark