Team Meeting Agenda for June 21, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Jun 20 22:58:22 UTC 2022

Hello,

We will meet with this agenda on June 21, 2022 at 19:00 UTC in #opendev-meeting:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** Improving OpenDev's CD throughput (clarkb 20220621)
*** Bootstrapping bridge via Zuul is now a complicated subject. Can use zuul secrets to make it happen. Are we comfortable with this?
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/infra-specs/+/821645 -- spec outlining some of the issues with secrets
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/821155 -- sample of secret writing; more info in changelog
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/846195 Running Zuul cluster upgrade playbook automatically.
** Container maintenance (clarkb 20220621)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-container-maintenance
*** Continue to update services with dedicated users.
*** Upgrading Zookeeper
*** Upgrading MariaDB
**** review02's mariadb was upgraded to 10.6 from 10.4 using the process described in https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/gerrit-upgrade-3.5
** Gerrit 3.5 upgrade (ianw 20220621)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/gerrit-upgrade-3.5
*** Upgrade completed.
*** Couple of issues discovered
**** https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=16018
**** Setting a change to the WorkInProgress state seems to unconditionally mark it as having merge conflicts in change listings (but not on the change page itself)
*** Time to look at removing our 3.4 image builds and adding 3.6 image builds with updated upgrade testing.
** Enable webapp on nodepool launchers? (frickler 20220621)
*** Would help with checking for image freshness / builds failing
*** Also look into pushing stats into grafana?
** Run a custom URL shortener service (frickler 20220621)
*** Many people use bit.ly or similar in IRC channel topics and elsewhere
*** https://opensource.com/article/18/7/apache-url-shortener shows an easy solution that could be git-based
*** Should be easy to with some new DNS record on static.o.o
*** Data could be managed in a single file (maybe in project-config) or one file per URL

* Open discussion