Team Meeting Agenda for June 28, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Jun 27 22:05:20 UTC 2022

Hello,

We will meet with this agenda on June 28, 2022 at 19:00 UTC in #opendev-meeting:

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements
** clarkb missing July 12 meeting

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** Improving OpenDev's CD throughput (clarkb 20220628)
*** Bootstrapping bridge via Zuul is now a complicated subject. Can use zuul secrets to make it happen. Are we comfortable with this?
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/infra-specs/+/821645 -- spec outlining some of the issues with secrets
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/821155 -- sample of secret writing; more info in changelog
*** Auto Zuul upgrade and reboots didn't run due to a flock issue. Should be fixed for this next weekend.
** Gerrit 3.5 upgrade (ianw 20220628)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/gerrit-upgrade-3.5
*** Upgrade completed.
*** Setting a change to the WorkInProgress state seems to unconditionally mark it as having merge conflicts in change listings (but not on the change page itself)
*** #link https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/847035 Removing Gerrit 3.4 and adding Gerrit 3.6 images and testing.
** Improving Grafana management tooling (clarkb 20220628)
*** Grafyaml doesn't properly support setting the color thresholds on graphs anymore (this makes failed states show red and happy states show green, we always seen green now)
*** https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:grafana-screenshots Improved testing of our dashboards to see that they render as expected.
** Run a custom URL shortener service (frickler 20220628)
*** Many people use bit.ly or similar in IRC channel topics and elsewhere
*** https://opensource.com/article/18/7/apache-url-shortener shows an easy solution that could be git-based
*** Should be easy to with some new DNS record on static.o.o
*** Data could be managed in a single file (maybe in project-config) or one file per URL
** Zuul job POST_FAILURES (clarkb 20220628)
*** TripleO and OSA are both seeing a higher than usual number of POST_FAILURES
*** The cause seems to be post-run timeouts during swift log uploads
*** Both OSA and tripleo upload quite a number of log files. It could be related to this, but we're yet to find a root cause due to difficulty of debugging things that don't log properly.
** Bastion host (ianw 20220628)
*** worth moving ansible/openstacksdk to a venv?  system-config jobs first then production
*** c.f. https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/847700
*** bastion host OS upgrade.  prioin-place?  new host?  wait until have time to return to some of the bootstrapping/parallel job work?

* Open discussion