Team Meeting Agenda for November 1, 2022

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Oct 31 22:05:51 UTC 2022

== Agenda for next meeting ==

* Announcements

* Actions from last meeting

* Specs Review

* Topics
** Bastion host (ianw 20221101)
*** https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:prod-bastion-group
*** https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:bridge-ansible-venv
** Upgrading Bionic servers to Focal/Jammy (clarkb 20221101)
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/opendev-bionic-server-upgrades
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/862835/ Disable phased package updates
** Removing snapd (clarkb 20221101)
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/862834
** Mailman 3 (clarkb 20221101)
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/851248 Worthy of review at this point
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/mm3migration
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/860157 Forking the upstream images due to lack of attention on issues and PRs we've filed
** Updating base python docker images to use `pip wheel` (clarkb 20221101)
*** Pip changed how it addresses wheels in its wheel cache which broke our assemble script's ability to build packages on our image builds.
*** I've filed a bug against pip for this and pushed a PR to fix it. However, upstream pip says we shouldn't rely on the wheel cache like this and should use `pip wheel` instead.
*** https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues/11527
*** https://github.com/pypa/pip/pull/11538
*** https://review.opendev.org/c/opendev/system-config/+/862152
** Etherpad docker container logs growth (clarkb 20221101)
*** Need change to log to syslog instead similar to other services.

* Open discussion