[Edge-computing] Classifying edge-site scenarios / Identifying expected features

Mahadev Satyanarayanan satya at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jan 10 12:34:43 UTC 2018

On Tuesday 09 January 2018 22:38:44 Paul-Andre Raymond wrote:
> 2- How to make openstack more distributed (with Compute nodes at edge sites connected via a WAN link)

One key capability  for this is VM Handoff over WAN links.  Essentially "live migration" of VMs across cloudlets outside
the data center.    We have extended OpenStack to do this.  See cmusatyalab/elijah-openstack on github
and this description of how it works: http://elijah.cs.cmu.edu/DOCS/ha-sec2017.pdf

  -- Satya