[Edge-computing] Weekly Call Meeting Minutes

Ildiko Vancsa ildiko at openstack.org
Mon Jul 11 22:18:58 UTC 2022

Hi,

We had a slow paced call today where we were mainly looking into plans for the second half of the year.

The working group will keep focusing on production use cases and requirements. There are challenges and gaps in the infrastructure space in the area of operations, automation and remote maintenance that the industry needs to work on to address. The working group is seeking feedback and input from production edge environments to share that with communities who are working on open source solutions in this space.

We also talked about upcoming events that are in the interest of the working group:

* OpenInfra Project Teams Gathering
** The event is schedule for October 17-20 in Columbus, OH
** Registration is already open: https://openinfra.dev/ptg
** Team sign up deadline is August 12
*** I create a poll to see who’s around to attend the event to see if we can organize dedicated edge sessions
**** Please fill out the poll by __July 31__: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/epgqMxpd

* Open Networking and Edge (ONE) Summit
** The event is schedule for November 15-16 in Seattle, WA
** CFP is closing on July 29
** Working group members are looking into submitting proposals for the conference

For further details about the weekly calls, please see our wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Edge_Computing_Group

On the next call we will continue discussing the infrastructure operations related challenges and solutions, including the StarlingX project!!
See you on the call next Monday (July 18)!

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ildikó

———

Ildikó Váncsa